Wednesday, February 13, 2013

94...no make that 93 days left

whoops!! I forgot to post yesterday! So today i'll do days 94 and 93. "94 days of seminary left, 94 days of seminary, take one down, think it around, 94 days of seminary left." Today (yesterday) I want to talk about this video: Saint Paul at Church of the Resurrection <---watch it its cool. Its a good video, my good buddy david is the narrator! I am a little apprehensive still about this move to a mega church, however like stated before SPST is MY seminary and I pray earnestly for all the leadership of this school so that through this transition they will continue to hear where God is calling them. IF seminaries collaborating with Mega-churches is the next NEW fad for seminary/pastoral education I pray that SPST can lay the groundwork and not allow pride to get in the way. I would also like to say that the media and other people have stated that they feel that SPST is abandoning the NEast Community of KC with this move. Although I am a huge fan of the urban core, and I do think that packing up and leaving due to fear of safety is a false fear, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that SPST will not leave this current location empty or abandoned. It is the sincerest desire and passion of the SPST Truman Road Committee to find a company, school, program, individual to take over this space that has a smilar mission to serve the kingdom of God. I honestly believe that whomever moves into this space will be good for this community. DAY 93 "93 days of seminary left, 93 days of seminary take one down, think it around 93 days of seminary left" Today is Ash Wednesday. The beginning of Lent. Also most likely the busiest season for pastors and student pastors. Its a reflective kind of day. So today I want to write about, remember, the space on campus where I like to just sit and think, or space out. I usually only sit here about once or twice a semester because its usually quiet. Its the break room in KS Winger building. As a break room you would think that it was busy with traffic and sometimes there is traffic, but it's quiet most of the time, very occasionally I like to sit on the odd colored couches and stare off into space. Just writing this makes me wonder where those spaces will be at Resurrection, I honestly hope that this move allows students to find those quiet nooks and places for reflection that are for the most part untouched by the business of the church and seminary. I have had a lot of good thinking done in that break room. here is the countdown for today: Once again thanks for following my random thoughts. I pray you all have a blessed Ash Wednesday and a Holy Lent season!! ~Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment