Sunday, February 17, 2013

forgetful, 91,90,89

wow I went all weekend w/out a post. So this will be short and simple because its sunday, i'm tired and gosh dang it monday is tomorrow... again... Day 91 Ada Mead. I lived in this building in 2009 for about 1 month. It was closed as student housing not too long after. It's not the best place I've lived, yet also not the worst. I liked the antique uniqueness that it holds. I also liked all the animals that lived there with their owners. I actually have lived in all 4 housing buildings on campus. I move a lot. it's sad, now that im in my 30's I really hope I dont have to move as much, WAIT what am I saying, I'm a United Methodist pastor, I better become a pro at this moving thing. Last thing I have to say about Ada Mead is: smallest. kitchen. ever!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Day 90 Cannon Hall. I lived in Cannon until spring 2011, so 2ish years. I like my 2 bedroom apartment, I moved because the rent went up and I could survive in a smaller place to save money. what I liked about cannon, is that the Laundry room was right next to the TV lounge so it was easy to do laundry and watch TV at the same time. What I disliked the most was living right next to the exit/entrance, every single time someone went in or out the door, the door slammed so hard it shook my wall. Cannon was a good place to live, I liked the community, I remember taking N trick-or-treating down the halls, getting to know my seminary/staff neighbors. I enjoyed smelling the korean/asian food my across the hall neighbors made. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Day 89 (today/sunday 2/17) Zartman Hall. I lived here only for a few months, the spring--late summer/ early fall 2011 when I moved to independence closer to where I worked. I loved Zartman, it was only a 1 bedroom apartment, but the bedroom was big enough to put 2 beds in it. It had so many little closets and hidden storage spaces. I also loved the antiqueness like I did in Ada Mead, except this kitchen was larger and much better. This was the apartment I lived in when I got my first appointment. I remember countless nights in the first month of being a student pastors on my knees crying out to God to invade me so I didn't screw up this new job, and so I would lead the people I was appointed to serve closer to God. I loved living in this apartment also for a selfish reason, my apartment was on street level, so carrying in groceries and N if he fell asleep in the car was so much easier. Much unlike the apartment I am in now, I live on the 3rd floor, yuck! Zartman was a good place to live, the community was great, again. My hope and prayer is that the next round of student housing when SPST moves to the Resurrection campus is that the deciding bodies remember how important it is for seminary students to have community outside of the classroom, and that living on campus really helps with that. I also kind of hope that whomever leases or purchases this campus in the future use these housing units to help those who cannot afford a place of their own. I loved when I lived on campus it was fun, not to say I don't like where I live now, I do. I think one of the things I miss most about living on campus was being able to walk to my classes, then walk back to my place on break. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So tomorrow marks 88 days left until graduation. I'm kind of running out of places to write about, so I think I'll blog about what Ive learned, the largest life lessons through my seminary career. Wellll its 11pm on a Sunday night and I should get some shut-eye. Tomorrow is monday... :-/ I hope you all have a blessed week! ~Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment